- departing from the right, normal, or usual course.
- deviating from the ordinary, usual, or normal type; exceptional; abnormal.
- an aberrant person, thing, group, etc.
- deviating from the normal or usual type, as certain animals from the group in which they are classified
- behaving in an abnormal or untypical way
- deviating from truth, morality, etc
1798, originally in natural history, from Latin aberrantem (nominative aberrans), present participle of aberrare “to wander away, go astray” (see aberration).
- Deviating from the usual course, as certain ducts, vessels, or nerves.
- Deviating from the normal; untrue to type.
- Out of place; ectopic.