if( has_post_thumbnail( $post_id ) ): ?>
- utterly hopeless, miserable, humiliating, or wretched: abject poverty.
- contemptible; despicable; base-spirited: an abject coward.
- shamelessly servile; slavish.
- Obsolete. cast aside.
- utterly wretched or hopeless
- miserable; forlorn; dejected
- indicating humiliation; submissivean abject apology
- contemptible; despicable; servilean abject liar
early 15c., “cast off, rejected,” from Latin abiectus, past participle of abicere “to throw away, cast off; degrade, humble, lower,” from ab- “away, off” (see ab-) + iacere “to throw” (past participle iactus; see jet (v.)). Figurative sense of “downcast, brought low” first attested 1510s. Related: Abjectly; abjectness.