if( has_post_thumbnail( $post_id ) ): ?>
- sudden or unexpected: an abrupt departure.
- curt or brusque in speech, manner, etc.: an abrupt reply.
- terminating or changing suddenly: an abrupt turn in a road.
- having many sudden changes from one subject to another; lacking in continuity or smoothness: an abrupt writing style.
- steep; precipitous: an abrupt descent.
- Botany. truncate(def 4).
- sudden; unexpected
- brusque or brief in speech, manner, etc; curt
- (of a style of writing or speaking) making sharp transitions from one subject to another; disconnected
- precipitous; steep
- botany shaped as though a part has been cut off; truncate
- geology (of strata) cropping out suddenly
1580s, from Latin abruptus “broken off, precipitous, disconnected,” past participle of abrumpere “break off,” from ab- “off” (see ab-) + rumpere “break” (see rupture (n.)). Related: Abruptly; abruptness.