noun, plural ac·cu·ra·cies.
- the condition or quality of being true, correct, or exact; freedom from error or defect; precision or exactness; correctness.
- Chemistry, Physics. the extent to which a given measurement agrees with the standard value for that measurement.Compare precision(def 6).
- Mathematics. the degree of correctness of a quantity, expression, etc.Compare precision(def 5).
noun plural -cies
- faithful measurement or representation of the truth; correctness; precision
- physics chem the degree of agreement between a measured or computed value of a physical quantity and the standard or accepted value for that quantity