- a colorless, volatile, water-soluble, flammable liquid, C3H6O, usually derived by oxidation of isopropyl alcohol or by bacterial fermentation of carbohydrates: used chiefly in paints and varnishes, as a general solvent, and in organic synthesis.
- a colourless volatile flammable pungent liquid, miscible with water, used in the manufacture of chemicals and as a solvent and thinner for paints, varnishes, and lacquers. Formula: CH 3 COCH 3Systematic name: propanone
- A colorless, volatile, extremely flammable liquid ketone widely used as an organic solvent.
- An organic compound produced in excessive amounts in diabetic acidosis.
- A colorless, volatile, extremely flammable liquid ketone that is widely used as a solvent, for example in nail-polish remover. Chemical formula: C3H6O.