- of or relating to Achaea or the Achaeans.
- (in the Iliad) Greek.
- an inhabitant of Achaea.
- a Greek, especially a member of the Achaean League.
- a member of one of the four main divisions of prehistoric Greeks, believed to have occupied the Peloponnesus and to have produced the Mycenaean culture.Compare Aeolian2(def 2), Dorian1(def 2), Ionian(def 3).
- a member of a principal Greek tribe in the Mycenaean era
- a native or inhabitant of the later Greek province of Achaea
- of or relating to Achaea or the Achaeans