- a person who manages or has a talent for managing.
- Law. a person appointed by a court to take charge of the estate of a decedent, but not appointed in the decedent’s will.
- Also called Informal, admin. Computers.
- a person who manages and supports a computer system or network, as in a business or other organization: the company’s system administrator; a database administrator.Compare system operator.
- a person who determines the site policies, appoints moderators, and manages the technical operation of an Internet message board or other interactive website: a forum administrator.
- a user account on a home computer accessible only by the user who manages the computer system.Compare root1(def 11b).
- a user who has access to this user account.
- a person who administers the affairs of an organization, official body, etc
- property law a person authorized to manage an estate, esp when the owner has died intestate or without having appointed executors
- a person who manages a computer system
mid-15c., from Middle French administrateur or directly from Latin administrator “a manager, conductor,” agent noun from past participle stem of administrare (see administer). Estate sense is earliest. For ending, see -er.