- a person who has, enjoys, or seeks adventures.
- a seeker of fortune in daring enterprises; soldier of fortune.
- a person who undertakes great commercial risk; speculator.
- a person who seeks power, wealth, or social rank by unscrupulous or questionable means: They thought John was an adventurer and after their daughter’s money.
- (usually initial capital letter) a member of Camp Fire, Inc., who is between the ages of 9 and 11.
- a person who seeks adventure, esp one who seeks success or money through daring exploits
- a person who seeks money or power by unscrupulous means
- a speculator
late 15c., “one who plays at games of chance,” agent noun from adventure (v.). Meaning “one who seeks adventures” is from 1660s.