- a group or mass of distinct or varied things, persons, etc.: an aggregation of complainants.
- collection into an unorganized whole.
- the state of being so collected.
- Biology, Ecology. a group of organisms of the same or different species living closely together but less integrated than a society.
- the act or process of aggregating
- ecology dispersion in which the individuals of a species are closer together than if they were randomly dispersed
early 15c., from Middle French agrégation or directly from Medieval Latin aggregationem (nominative aggregatio), noun of action from past participle stem of Latin aggregare (see aggregate (adj.)).
- A massing together or clustering of independent but similar units, such as particles, parts, or bodies.