noun, plural ag·i·os.
- a premium on money in exchange.
- an allowance for the difference in value of two currencies.
- an allowance given or taken on bills of exchange from other countries, as to balance exchange expenses.
noun plural -ios
- the difference between the nominal and actual values of a currency
- the charge payable for conversion of the less valuable currency
- a percentage payable for the exchange of one currency into another
- an allowance granted to compensate for differences in currency values, as on foreign bills of exchange
- an informal word for agiotage