- to one’s liking; pleasing: agreeable manners; an agreeable sensation.
- willing or ready to agree or consent: Are you agreeable to my plans for Saturday?
- suitable; conformable (usually followed by to): practice agreeable to theory.
- pleasing; pleasant
- prepared to consent
- (foll by to or with) in keeping; consistentsalaries agreeable with current trends
- (foll by to) to one’s likinghe said the terms were not agreeable to him
late 14c., “to one’s liking,” from Old French agreable (12c., Modern French agréable) “pleasing, in agreement, consenting, thankful,” from agreer “to please” (see agree). Related: Agreeably.