- concerned with the function of nutrition; nutritive.
- pertaining to food.
- providing sustenance or maintenance.
- of or relating to nutrition
- providing sustenance or nourishment
- Scots law free from the claims of creditorsan alimentary trust
1610s, from Medieval Latin alimentarius “pertaining to food,” from Latin alimentum “nourishment,” from alere “to nourish, rear, support, maintain,” from PIE root *al- “to grow, nourish” (see old).
- Concerned with food, nutrition, or digestion.
- Providing nourishment.