- Botany. belonging to the genus Allium (formerly the family Alliaceae).Compare allium.
- having the odor or taste of garlic, onion, etc.
- of or relating to Allium, a genus of plants that have a strong onion or garlic smell and often have bulbs: family Alliaceae . The genus occurs in the N hemisphere and includes onion, garlic, leek, chive, and shallot
- tasting or smelling like garlic or onions
- of, relating to, or belonging to the Alliaceae, a family of flowering plants that includes the genus Allium