verb (used with object)
- to excite or energize (usually followed by up): We were so amped up for the game that we forgot to eat.
verb (tr, adverb) informal
- to increase
- to increase the power or force of (something)
- to excite, arouse, or work up (a person, emotions, etc)
- an ampere
- informal an amplifier
- Australian informal to excite or become excited
- adenosine monophosphate
- Australian Mutual Provident Society
- Adenosine monophosphate; a mononucleotide found in animal cells and reversibly convertible to ADP and ATP.adenine nucleotide adenylic acid
- Short for adenosine monophosphate. An organic compound that is composed of adenosine and one phosphate group. It is one of the nucleotides present in DNA and RNA, and is also the fundamental component of ATP and ADP. During certain cellular metabolic processes, AMP forms from ADP when the latter loses a phosphate group, and AMP forms ADP by acquiring a phosphate group. Chemical formula: C10H14N5O7P.