- of or relating to the Church of England.
- related in origin to and in communion with the Church of England, as various Episcopal churches in other parts of the world.
- English(def 1).
- a member of the Church of England or of a church in communion with it.
- a person who upholds the system or teachings of the Church of England.
- denoting or relating to the Anglican communion
- a member of the Church of England or one of the Churches in full communion with it
1630s, “of the reformed Church of England” (opposed to Roman), from Medieval Latin Anglicanus, from Anglicus “of the English people, of England” (see anglicize). The noun meaning “adherent of the reformed Church of England” is first recorded 1797.