- any thing whatever; something, no matter what: Do you have anything for a toothache?
- a thing of any kind.
- in any degree; to any extent; in any way; at all: Does it taste anything like chocolate?
- anything but, in no degree or respect; not in the least: The plans were anything but definite.
- anything goes, any type of conduct, dress, speech, etc., is considered acceptable or valid or is likely to be encountered and tolerated: That resort is a place where anything goes!
- any object, event, action, etc, whateveranything might happen
- a thing of any kindhave you anything to declare?
- in any wayhe wasn’t anything like his father
- anything but by no means; not in the leastshe was anything but happy
- like anything (intensifier; usually euphemistic)he ran like anything
In addition to the idioms beginning with anything
- anything but
- anything goes
- anything like
- can’t do anything with
- if anything
- like anything
- not anything like