- of or characteristic of an apostle.
- pertaining to or characteristic of the 12 apostles.
- derived from the apostles in regular succession.
- of or relating to the pope; papal.
- of, relating to, deriving from, or contemporary with the Apostles
- of or relating to the teachings or practice of the Apostles
- of or relating to the pope regarded as chief successor of the Apostles
early 15c., from French apostolique or directly from Church Latin apostolicus, from Greek apostolikos, from apostolos (see apostle). Apostolical also is early 15c.