- of, in, or pertaining to water.
- living or growing in water: aquatic plant life.
- taking place or practiced on or in water: aquatic sports.
- an aquatic plant or animal.
- aquatics, sports practiced on or in water.
- sports or pastimes performed in or on the water
- growing, living, or found in water
- sport performed in or on water
- a marine or freshwater animal or plant
late 15c., from Middle French and Old French aquatique (13c.), from Latin aquaticus “growing in water; bringing rain,” from aqua “water” (see aqua-)
- Relating to, living in, or growing in water.