- an act of arranging; state of being arranged.
- the manner or way in which things are arranged: a tactful arrangement of the seating at dinner.
- a final settlement; adjustment by agreement: The arrangement with the rebels lasted only two weeks.
- Usually arrangements. preparatory measures; plans; preparations: They made arrangements for an early departure.
- something arranged in a particular way: a floral arrangement; the arrangement of chairs for the seminar.
- the adaptation of a composition to voices or instruments, or to a new purpose.
- a piece so adapted.
- final arrangements, the planning or scheduling of funeral services and burial: Final arrangements are still pending.
- the act of arranging or being arranged
- the form in which things are arrangedhe altered the arrangement of furniture in the room
- a thing composed of various ordered parts; the result of arranginga flower arrangement
- (often plural) a preparatory measure taken or plan made; preparation
- an agreement or settlement; understanding
- an adaptation of a piece of music for performance in a different way, esp on different instruments from those for which it was originally composed
- an adaptation (of a play, etc) for broadcasting
1727, from French arrangement, from arranger “arrange” (see arrange).
see make arrangements for.