[ad_1] noun, plural ar·ro·bas [uh–roh-buh z; Spanish and Portuguese ahr–raw-bahs] /əˈroʊ bəz; Spanish and Portuguese ɑrˈrɔ bɑs/.
- a Spanish and Portuguese unit of weight of varying value, equal to 25.37 pounds avoirdupois (9.5 kilograms) in Mexico and to 32.38 pounds avoirdupois (12 kilograms) in Brazil.
- a unit of liquid measure of varying value, used especially in Spain and commonly equal (when used for wine) to 4.26 U.S. gallons (16.1 liters).
noun plural -bas
- a unit of weight, approximately equal to 11 kilograms, used in some Spanish-speaking countries
- a unit of weight, approximately equal to 15 kilograms, used in some Portuguese-speaking countries
- a liquid measure used in some Spanish-speaking countries with different values, but in Spain used as a wine-measure, approximately equal to 16 litres