- a person or thing that articulates.
- Phonetics. a movable organ, as the tongue, lips, or uvula, the action of which is involved in the production of speech sounds.Compare place of articulation.
- Dentistry. a mechanical device, representing the jaws, to which casts may be attached: used in the making of dentures.
- a person or thing that articulates
- phonetics any vocal organ that takes part in the production of a speech sound. Such organs are of two types: those that can move, such as the tongue, lips, etc (active articulators), and those that remain fixed, such as the teeth, the hard palate, etc (passive articulators)
- A mechanical device representing the temporomandibular joints and the jaw bones, used in dentistry to obtain proper articulation of artificial teeth.