noun Egyptian Religion.
- an aspect of the soul, represented as a human-headed bird.
- the second letter of the Arabic alphabet.
- Bachelor of Arts.
- bastard amber.
- batting average.
- British Academy.
- British America.
- British Association (for Advancement of Science).
- Buenos Aires.
the internet domain name for
- Egyptian myth the soul, represented as a bird with a human head
the chemical symbol for
- Bachelor of Arts
- British Academy
- British Airways
- British Association (for the Advancement of Science)
- British Association screw thread
- The symbol for the elementbarium
- The symbol for barium.
- A soft, silvery-white metallic element of the alkaline-earth group. It occurs only in combination with other elements, especially in barite. Barium compounds are used in x-raying the digestive system and in making fireworks and white pigments. Atomic number 56; atomic weight 137.33; melting point 725°C; boiling point 1,140°C; specific gravity 3.50; valence 2. See Periodic Table.