verb (used without object), baaed, baa·ing.
- to make the sound of a sheep; bleat.
- the bleating cry of a sheep.
- a South African word for a boss: often used by Black or Coloured people addressing a White manager or overseer
verb baas, baaing or baaed
- (intr) to make the cry of a sheep; bleat
- the cry made by sheep
- the main airports operator in the United Kingdom; until privatization in 1987, an abbreviation for British Airports Authority
imitative sound of a sheep, attested from 1580s, but probably older, as baa is recorded before this a name for a child’s toy sheep.