- the gradual termination of a groove on the body of an object not ending there, as the upper termination of a flute in a twist drill.
- Also called back clearance.a space in a depressed area of an object into which a machine tool or grinding wheel may safely enter at the end of a pass or operation.
- the merging of a curved surface into another surface.
- an act or instance of running away so as to evade, abandon, or avoid something.
- a person who runs away so as to avoid payment or duty.
- an act or instance of expiring or becoming depleted: the runout of a union contract; a runout in office supplies.
- uneven wear on the outer edges of a tire or on the rim of a wheel.