- See under walkover(def 4).
- Racing. a walking or trotting over the course by a contestant who is the only starter.
- an unopposed or easy victory.
- any task easily done.
- Gymnastics. a vertical rotation of the body from a standing position, performed by leaning forward to a brief handstand and bringing the legs over and back down to the floor one at a time (front walkover) or by arching backward to a similar handstand and returning the feet to the floor (back walkover).
- informal an easy or unopposed victory
- horse racing
- the running or walking over the course by the only contestant entered in a race at the time of starting
- a race won in this way
verb walk over (intr, mainly preposition)
- (also adverb) to win a race by a walkover
- informal to beat (an opponent) conclusively or easily
- informal to take advantage of (someone)