- a board placed at or forming the back of anything.
- Basketball. a board or other flat vertical surface to which the basket is attached.
- a board that is placed behind something to form or support its back
- a board worn to straighten or support the back, as after surgery
- (in basketball) a flat upright surface supported on a high frame, under which the basket is attached
- A board placed under or behind something to provide firmness or support.
- A board placed beneath the body of a person with an injury to the neck or back, used especially in transporting the person in such a way as to avoid further injury.