- a special or distinctive mark, token, or device worn as a sign of allegiance, membership, authority, achievement, etc.: a police badge; a merit badge.
- any emblem, token, or distinctive mark: He considered a slide rule as the badge of an engineering student.
- a card bearing identifying information, as one’s name, symbol or place of employment, or academic affiliation, and often worn pinned to one’s clothing.
- Digital Technology. digital badge.
verb (used with object), badged, badg·ing.
- to furnish or mark with a badge.
- a distinguishing emblem or mark worn to signify membership, employment, achievement, etc
- any revealing feature or mark
mid-14c., perhaps from Anglo-French bage or from Anglo-Latin bagis, plural of bagia “emblem,” all of unknown origin.