- a small flag or streamer fastened to a lance, masthead, etc.
- a narrow scroll, usually bearing an inscription.
- (especially in Renaissance architecture) a sculptured band, as on a building, adapted to receive an inscription.
- a long narrow flag, usually with forked ends, esp one attached to the masthead of a ship; pennant
- a square flag draped over a tomb or carried at a funeral
- a ribbon-like scroll or sculptured band bearing an inscription, found esp in Renaissance architecture
- a streamer on a knight’s lance