- Sir Charles,1795–1860, English architect.
- John,1745–1803, American naval commander in the Revolution.
- Leonora Marie KearneyMother Lake, 1849–1930, U.S. labor leader and social activist, born in Ireland.
- Philip,1896–1949, U.S. playwright.
- a male given name: from an Irish word meaning “spear.”
- Australian slang a mistake or blunder; a disappointing performance
- a port in SE Wales, in Vale of Glamorgan county borough on the Bristol Channel. Pop: 50 661 (2001)
- (ˈbærɪ) Sir Charles . 1795–1860, English architect: designer of the Houses of Parliament in London
- (French bari) Comtesse du .See du Barry
- John, real name John Barry Prendergast. 1933–2011, British composer of film scores, including several for films in the James Bond series