- of, at, or forming the base.
- forming a basis; fundamental; basic.
- indicating a standard low level of activity of an organism, as during total rest.
- of an amount required to maintain this level.
- Medicine/Medical. serving to induce a preliminary or light anesthesia prior to total anesthetization.
- at, of, or constituting a base
- of or constituting a foundation or basis; fundamental; essential
- Of, relating to, located at, or forming a base, usually of an organ or a tooth.
- Of, relating to, of situated at the lowest level, as of an organ.