- a former province in NE India, now divided between India and Bangladesh.Compare East Bengal, West Bengal.
- Bay of, a part of the Indian Ocean between India and Burma (Myanmar).
- a raw silk from Bengal.
- a fabric, especially one made of silk and hair.
- a fabric, similar to muslin, with printed stripes.
- a former province of NE India, in the great deltas of the Ganges and Brahmaputra Rivers: in 1947 divided into West Bengal (belonging to India) and East Bengal (Bangladesh)
- Bay of Bengal a wide arm of the Indian Ocean, between India and Myanmar
- a breed of medium-large cat with a spotted or marbled coat
region in South Asia, named for its people, said to be from Banga, name of a founding chief. It is attested in Europe as far back as Marco Polo (1298), who wrote of Bangala.