- a person who lives by gathering salable articles of jetsam, refuse, etc., from beaches.
- a vagrant who lives on the seashore, especially a nonnative person living in such a way on a South Pacific island.
- a long wave rolling in from the ocean onto the beach.
- a person who searches shore debris for anything of worth, esp a vagrant living on a beach
- Canadian (in British Columbia) a person who is paid for salvaging loose logs and returning them to logging companies
- a long high wave rolling onto a beach