- a city in and the capital of Oise, in NW France: 13th-century cathedral.
- a river in W Europe, flowing SW from S Belgium through N France to the Seine, near Paris. 186 miles (300 km) long.
- a department in N France. 2273 sq. mi. (5885 sq. km). Capital: Beauvais.
- a market town in N France, 64 km (40 miles) northwest of Paris. Pop: 55 392 (1999)
- a department of N France, in Picardy region. Capital: Beauvais. Pop: 776 999 (2003 est). Area: 5887 sq km (2296 sq miles)
- a river in N France, rising in Belgium, in the Ardennes, and flowing southwest to join the Seine at Conflans. Length: 302 km (188 miles)