- Informal. a pain in the abdomen or bowels.
verb (used without object), bel·ly·ached, bel·ly·ach·ing.
- Informal. to complain; grumble.
- an informal term for stomachache
- (intr) slang to complain repeatedly
also belly-ache, 1590s, from belly (n.) + ache (n.). The verb in the slang sense of “complain” is first recorded 1888, American English; it appears not to have been used earlier than that, if ever, in a literal sense. Related: bellyached; bellyaching.
- Pain in the stomach or abdomen; colic.