- Harness Racing. a sulky with tires like those of a bicycle.
verb (used without object), biked, bik·ing.
- to ride a bike: I bike to work.
- get off one’s bike, Australian Informal. to lose control of oneself or become angry.
noun Scot. and North England.
- a colony, nest, or swarm of wild bees, wasps, or hornets.
- a teeming crowd; swarm of people.
- informal short for bicycle, motorcycle
- on your bike British slang away you go
- get off one’s bike Australian and NZ slang to lose one’s self-control
- slang a promiscuous womanthe town bike
- a wasps’ or bees’ nest
- to swarm
1882, American English, shortened and altered form of bicycle.