- a period or bout, usually brief, of excessive indulgence, as in eating, drinking alcoholic beverages, etc.; spree.
verb (used without object), binged, bing·ing or binge·ing.
- to have a binge: to binge on junk food.
- a bout of excessive eating or drinking
- excessive indulgence in anythinga shopping binge
verb binges, bingeing, binging or binged (intr)
- to indulge in a binge (esp of eating or drinking)
1854, “drinking bout,” also (v.) “drink heavily, soak up alcohol;” dialectal use of binge “soak” (a wooden vessel). Noted originally as a Northampton dialect word. Sense extended c. World War I to include eating as well as drinking. Related: Binged; binging.
see go on, def. 9.