- seen from above, as by a bird in flight; panoramic: a bird’s-eye view of the city.
- omitting many details; hasty; superficial; general: a bird’s-eye view of ancient history.
- having spots or markings resembling the eyes of a bird: bird’s-eye tweed.
noun, plural bird’s-eyes.
- any of various plants having small, round, bright-colored flowers, as a primrose, Primula farinosa, or a speedwell, Veronica chamaedrys.
- a woven, allover pattern on fabrics, characterized chiefly by small diamond shapes resembling the eyes of a bird.
- a fabric having this pattern, especially a cotton used for diapers or a linen used for toweling.
- seen or photographed from high above
- summarizing the main points of a topic; summary (esp in the phrase bird’s-eye view)
- having markings resembling birds’ eyes
- bird’s-eye primrose a Eurasian primrose, Primula farinosa, having clusters of purplish flowers with yellow centres
- bird’s-eye speedwell the usual US name for germander speedwell
- any of several other plants having flowers of two contrasting colours
- a pattern in linen and cotton fabrics, made up of small diamond shapes with a dot in the centre of each
- a linen or cotton fabric with such a pattern