- of both sexes.
- combining male and female organs in one individual; hermaphroditic.
- noting or relating to a person who is romantically or sexually attracted to both men and women, or to people of various gender identities; ambisexual.
- Biology. an animal or plant that has the reproductive organs of both sexes.
- a person who is romantically or sexually attracted to both men and women, or to people of various gender identities; ambisexual.
- sexually attracted by both men and women
- showing characteristics of both sexesa bisexual personality
- (of some plants and animals) having both male and female reproductive organs
- of or relating to both sexes
- a bisexual organism; a hermaphrodite
- a bisexual person
1824, “having both sexes in one being, hermaphroditic,” from bi- + sexual. Meaning “attracted to both sexes” is from 1914; the noun in this sense is attested from 1922. Not in general use until 1950s. Noun is recorded from 1922. Ambisexual was suggested 1924 in this sense but never caught on.
- Relating to both sexes.
- Having both male and female reproductive organs; hermaphroditic.
- Relating to or having a sexual orientation to persons of either sex.
- A bisexual organism; a hermaphrodite.
- A bisexual person.