- William,1776–1834, English publisher.
- Also called: Sally Wattle a tall Australian acacia tree, A. melanoxylon, having small clusters of flowers and curved pods and yielding highly valued black timber
- any of various trees or shrubs of the leguminous genus Dalbergia, esp D. melanoxylon (of Africa) or D. latifolia (of India), yielding black wood used for carving and musical instruments
- the wood of any of these trees
- bridge a conventional bidding sequence of four and five no-trumps, which are requests to the partner to show aces and kings respectively
- Algernon (Henry). 1869–1951, British novelist and short-story writer; noted for his supernatural tales