- a person who bleeds abnormally because of low clotting rate; hemophiliac.
- a person or animal that bleeds easily, especially an athlete or racehorse.
- a person who draws blood from a sick person; phlebotomist.
- Slang. a person who drains another of money, resources, etc.; parasite or usurer.
- Metallurgy. an ingot or casting from which some metal has escaped.
- Also called bleeder resistor. Electricity. a resistor that is connected across a power supply for voltage regulation and to dissipate the charge remaining in capacitors when the power is discontinued.
- Also called bleeder valve. a valve or opening for draining a tank, tubing, etc.
- British Slang.
- a despicable person.
- a person, especially a man; fellow.
- derogatorya despicable persona rotten bleeder
- any person; fellowwhere’s the bleeder gone?
- pathol a nontechnical name for a haemophiliac
1756, “one who lets blood,” agent noun from bleed (v.). As “one with hemophilia,” from 1803.
- A person, such as a hemophiliac, who bleeds freely or is subject to frequent hemorrhages.
- A blood vessel from which there is uncontrolled bleeding.
- A blood vessel severed by trauma or surgery that requires cautery or ligature to arrest the flow of blood.
- A person who draws blood from another; a phlebotomist.