- consecrated; sacred; holy; sanctified: the Blessed Sacrament.
- worthy of adoration, reverence, or worship: the Blessed Trinity.
- divinely or supremely favored; fortunate: to be blessed with a strong, healthy body; blessed with an ability to find friends.
- blissfully happy or contented.
- Roman Catholic Church. beatified.
- bringing happiness and thankfulness: the blessed assurance of a steady income.
- Informal. damned: I’m blessed if I know.
- Informal. (used as an intensifier): every blessed cent.
- made holy by religious ceremony; consecrated
- worthy of deep reverence or respect
- RC Church (of a person) beatified by the pope
- characterized by happiness or good fortunea blessed time
- bringing great happiness or good fortune
- a euphemistic word for damned I’m blessed if I know
- the blessed Christianity the dead who are already enjoying heavenly bliss
late 12c., “supremely happy,” also “consecrated” (c.1200), past participle adjective from bless (v.). Reversed or ironic sense of “cursed, damned” is recorded from 1806. Related: Blessedly; blessedness.