- a stupid person; fool; dunce.
- British. a blunder; mistake.
verb (used without object)
- British. to blunder.
noun Slang: Sometimes Vulgar.
- a female breast.
- an ignorant or foolish person; booby
- British an embarrassing mistake; blunder
- a female breast
- (intr) British to make a blunder
noun Australian slang
- a prison
- of poor quality, similar to that provided in prisonboob coffee
“breasts,” 1929, U.S. slang, probably from much older term boobies (late 17c.), related to 17c. bubby; perhaps ultimately from Latin puppa, literally “little girl,” hence, in child-talk, “breast.” Or else it is a natural formation in English (cf. French poupe “teat,” German dialectal Bubbi, etc.).
“stupid person,” 1909, American English slang, perhaps from booby.