- a hamburger.
- a food patty, or patty on a bun, containing ingredients other than beef: veggie or turkey burgers.
- Warren Earl,1907–1995, U.S. jurist: chief justice of the U.S. 1969–86.
- a combining form extracted from hamburger, occurring in compounds the initial element of which denotes a special garnish for a hamburger or a substitute ingredient for the meat patty: baconburger; cheeseburger; fishburger.
- short for hamburger
- (in combination)a cheeseburger
- Gottfried August (ˈɡɔtfriːt ˈauɡʊst). 1747–94, German lyric poet, noted particularly for his ballad Lenore (1773)
1939, American English, shortened from hamburger (q.v.).