- the act or process of calculating; computation.
- the result or product of calculating: His calculations agree with ours.
- an estimate based on the known facts; forecast: Her calculation of the building costs proved quite accurate.
- forethought; prior or careful planning.
- scheming selfishness.
- the act, process, or result of calculating
- an estimation of probability; forecast
- careful planning or forethought, esp for selfish motives
late 14c., from Late Latin calculationem (nominative calculatio), noun of action from past participle stem of calculare “to reckon, compute,” from Latin calculus “reckoning, account,” originally “pebble used in counting,” diminutive of calx (genitive calcis) “limestone” (see chalk (n.)).