- noting or pertaining to a style of singing in which a melody sung by one singer is responded to or echoed by one or more singers.
- noting or pertaining to rapid, spontaneous verbal and nonverbal interaction between speaker and listener, in which all statements are punctuated by expressions from the listener.
noun Also call and response.
- call-and-response singing.
- call-and-response interaction between speaker and listener.
- a form of interaction between a speaker and one or more listeners, in which every utterance of the speaker elicits a verbal or non-verbal response from the listener or listeners