< /ˌmɛn ɪˈgi ni/, 1923–77, U.S. soprano.
- Also called calla lily, arum lily. any of several plants belonging to the genus Zantedeschia, of the arum family, especially Z. aethiopica, having arrow-shaped leaves and a large white spathe enclosing a yellow spike.
- a related plant, Calla palustris, of cold marshes of Europe and North America, having heart-shaped leaves.
- Maria, real name Maria Anna Cecilia Kalageropoulos . 1923–77, Greek operatic soprano, born in the US
- Also called: calla lily, arum lily any southern African plant of the aroid genus Zantedeschia, esp Z. aethiopica, which has a white funnel-shaped spathe enclosing a yellow spadix
- an aroid plant, Calla palustris, that grows in wet places and has a white spathe enclosing a greenish spadix, and red berries