- an act of canceling.
- the marks or perforations made in canceling.
- something canceled, as a reservation for a hotel room, airplane ticket, allowing someone else to obtain the accommodation.
- the fact or an instance of cancelling
- something that has been cancelled, such as a theatre ticket, esp when it is available for another person to takewe have a cancellation in the stalls
- the marks or perforation made by cancelling
also cancelation, 1530s, from Latin cancellationem (nominative cancellatio), noun of action from past participle stem of cancellare “to cancel” (see cancel). Of reservations for conveyances, hotels, etc., from 1953.