noun, plural ca·pa·bil·i·ties.
- the quality of being capable; capacity; ability: His capability was unquestionable.
- the ability to undergo or be affected by a given treatment or action: the capability of glass in resisting heat.
- Usually capabilities. qualities, abilities, features, etc., that can be used or developed; potential: Though dilapidated, the house has great capabilities.
noun plural -ties
- the quality of being capable; ability
- the quality of being susceptible to the use or treatment indicatedthe capability of a metal to be fused
- (usually plural) a characteristic that may be developed; potential aptitude