- the four chief directions of the compass; the north, south, east, and west points.
- the four main points of the compass: north, south, east, and west
- One of four points in the pelvic inlet toward which the occiput of the fetus is usually directed in cases of head presentation.
- Any of six reference points in the eye: the anterior focal point, posterior focal point, two principal points, and two nodal points.
- One of the four principal directions on a compass (north, south, east, or west).