- a vessel, usually propelled by sail, formed of two hulls or floats held side by side by a frame above them.Compare trimaran.
- a float or sailing raft formed of a number of logs lashed together, used in certain parts of India, South America, etc.
- a quarrelsome person, especially a woman.
- Canadian Dialect. a wooden sled.
- a sailing, or sometimes motored, vessel with twin hulls held parallel by a rigid framework
- a primitive raft made of logs lashed together
- old-fashioned a quarrelsome woman
East Indies log raft, 1670s, from Tamil kattu-maram “tied wood,” from kattu “tie, binding” + maram “wood, tree.”